In a child custody case in Riverside County or San Bernardino County, either party may request that the court conduct an Evidence Code Section 730 Custody Evaluation, or as commonly referred to a 730 Evaluation. The purpose of a 730 Evaluation is to determine the best interest of minor children and what type of custody order the court should make.
Usually, the main issue in a 730 evaluation is determining who will be the primary parent. But not every case warrants an evidentiary evaluation. First, 730 evaluations are done by court appointed therapist who usually have a masters degree or Ph.D in psychology. This can be very expensive and not all parties can afford the costs. Generally, the costs can be approximately $5,000 or more.
Also, 730 evaluations have psychological testing which is not always an issue or needed in a case. Hence, there can be other options that are not only better designed to address the situation, it might also be cheaper. Such options can include minor’s counsel (an attorney appointed to represent the children and/or other types of evaluations) or a 3111 Evaluation.
Thus, not every Riverside County or San Bernardino County child custody case needs or requires a 730 Evaluation. Needless to say, some do.
For more information and a consultation with one of our experienced child custody attorneys, contact us at 800-589-9901 or email@example.com.
Incoming search terms:
- What is a 3111 Evaluation
- evidence code 730 evaluation
- court appointed 730 evaluators in riverside
- san bernardino county custody evaluations
- riverside superior court evaluation for child
- riverside county ca order to establish residence in child custody case
- primary residence in child custody ca
- primary residence and custody california
- primary custodial parent in california
- minors counsel in ca family law